This terrine can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer. When served, it cuts easily, revealing the lovely layers of banana, peanut butter and chocolate.
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Terrine
- 15 Nutter Butter cookies, crushed (about 2 cups), divided
- 1 carton (16 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
Line a 9×5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap, letting edges extend up all sides. Sprinkle with a third of the crushed cookies.
In a large bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, sugar and vanilla; fold in whipped topping. Divide mixture evenly among 3 bowls.
To 1 portion of cheese mixture, fold in sliced banana; add to loaf pan, spreading evenly. Repeat cookie layer. To second portion, stir in melted chocolate and cocoa; add to loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. To third portion, stir in peanut butter. Spread over top.
Freeze, covered, until firm, at least 5 hours. To serve, invert terrine onto a platter; remove plastic wrap. Cut into slices.